Friday, October 23, 2009

Village life

I was walking back to my hut from the river on the east where i watched the fish swim up stream. Of course its the time of flowers, so i picked the most pretty flower for my Mother and gave it the name White Snow. The family was waiting for me at the camp where Father followed the Bison. We won't be here for long because Father is lead hunter and we will move again in the winter. My mother and I made our hut, like the other hunters family's in the camp. Out of Mammoth leather from our findings last year. I gave my mother the flower's and she put them on the rug on the floor where we were to eat our food made up of berries and venison. Our camp is surrounded by the mountains, we are in the middle of a river valley with the tall grass all around. We walked here along the river for many miles from our winter camp where the big salty waters touch the land. As we sat down, Mother, Father and I by the food rug where we started eating. My Father would be leaving for the mountains soon with my uncle for a hunting trip and will be gone for a few days so I would have to take care of the fishing while he is gone. I really don't like killing fish, but in the end you do what your told even if it means taking a life.

2 comments:

  1. Like the cultural touches, such as "time of flowers" and "big salty water touches the land."
    I would like to know how this character feels about her responsibility around fishing for her/his family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what was your rug made out of otherwise pretty good

    ReplyDelete